Monday, January 15, 2007

About....me?

For my classmates? you all know me as Valerie...Val... but not everyone..only my 4 closest in class, know more about me and what i like. But for others such as Mr. Kevin Lim here's me! Age: 22. Completed my diploma in Business Studies in Ngee Ann and then headed over here to SIM..right, next door. Honestly, i never really liked business, it wasn't for me. Totally not for me! except for Marketing, something i majored in my final year, it taught me alot, taught me how essential communication is in any business, if you don't get along with your classmates, you're dead. It was really essential for me since we were thrown the task of running the class like a business, we did everything necessary in marketing a company. It was an experience not everyone can say they had and it was then i realised what i wanted to do. So that's one reason why i joined this degree course. =)


I part-time at a local ice-cream parlor, Island Creamery! It's awesome! it's also where my colleagues and i develop the whole "Popeye" arm.. and mind you, not on both arms, but rather on one arm!


I have and HAD many hobbies, some have come and gone, some have stayed. i've played the organ, dropped it, moved on to the piano, dropped it, and moved on to the guitar, and...dropped it! hahaha... I loved track, (did it in secondary school), i did ballet, i did gymnastics, AND i did dance (hip hop), but thats the only one that has really lasted...Dance... i absolutely love it...the adrenaline of being on stage and performing... wow!


So thats me, i've done so so many things but they mostly never last. well, at least i've had the opportunity to have tried them right?


I love bowling, participated in competitions, won medals, another way of getting my adrenaline fix besides dance. However there's one hobby i recently picked up that i love and has benefited me in many ways... Photography!


Compact camera's never really did it for me, i wanted more, and i was lucky enough to have my parents sponsor me a little in my first purchase of a DSLR. i wanted to get somthing good... i didn't want to buy something that was for basic use, i wanted more and jumped straight to a 30D and since i purchased in just over a year ago, i've been attached to it. Since then, i have joined two photography competitions and won one, and a major one at that, it got my picture into local photography magazines, website, and papers. It was the annual Canon Photo Marathon 2006.

Since then, it has made me open to exploring more forms of photography, i've taken nature, sunsets, animals, Macro pictures, guitars, and i've even done concerts and events, one of which was for my classmates for the StompAids 3 day event. I hope to excel in photography and one day hope to hold my own exhibition.


Honestly, if i could tell you more about me, i would never stop. LOL! but to know more about me would not be in here, but rather my personal blog of course... =) everything from my daily ramblings, to of course my photography pictures are all there.. well, this shall be all for my first entry i guess... thought i'd at least make it a colorful one...hope it's good enough!

URL: http://vahlahweeeee.multiply.com

2 comments:

Kevin said...

If you haven't blogged before, I'm glad you started. :)

You might be interested to sign up with Flickr.com and join some of the photography groups there. Think of it as a social network where the medium = photos.

I hope you'll harness the power of visuals when you blog and present in class. You're a natural.

BTW: Neat blog address, and I can't wait to try Island Creamery. Where is it?

Vahlahweeeee said...

i have infact.. i've joined the local ohotogrpahy forum. www.clubsnap.com, if you're interested in checking it out. =) i post my pictures there for comment and other stuff...i also post most of my pictures in my personal blog for viewing.
hahaha..and yes..island creamery is located at Serene Center.